Sunday, February 3, 2013

Refinishing my Kitchen Chairs

So after much reluctance, I decided to go primitive. I mean I've always LOVED old stuff, and my daughter is a rustic/primitive guru, so the transformation was really inevitable. Anyway, I had a lot of changes to make and refinishing my chairs was only one, but it's what I'll share here. I've had these chairs for years, and they had seen a couple coats of oil base paint, so the first think I had to do was apply a thin coat of stripper and wait. Next came the fun part (and I use that term loosely)...the scraping:

 
I had to reapply stripper to some of the tougher spots. But after I had scraped all the paint off that I could I use my little sander on them, and smoothed everything as much as possible. By the way the top coat of green was no problem, but that bottom layer of blue OMG that was some seriously good paint. LOL!!

 
Then after repainting them black, and redoing the seat covers, I again used my sander to distress them a bit and here's the finished product.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment