Saturday, July 16, 2011

A few of my oldest soaps

tNow that's not to mean that these soaps have been sitting around for years, (not that it would hurt them much) but that these were some of the first soaps I made, when I started making soap a couple years ago. I've tweaked the recipes some in order to get a bar that is hard, long-lasting, and produces lots of great moisturizing lather. But besides a few minor adjustments these bars have remained the same, and have remained in my line-up because they're just irreplaceable.
This is my Gardeners Scrub and it's one of my favorites. It has orange, citronella, eucalyptus and tea tree essential oils along with lemon peel and poppy seed for a super nice, all natural scrub.
Another scrub that I still make is one I call Mocha Bean. For this one I start with strong brewed coffee and coffee grounds (a natural deodorizer) and add cocoa and vanilla. Mmmm!
This is my Goats Milk and Honey. It has no fragrance or color added, just goats milk, honey, vitamin e and shea butter. Great for those with sensitive skin!
Another of my oldest and one of my most requested soaps is my Old Fashioned Lye. It also has no color or fragrance added, just plain ol' soap. :)

Like many of my oldest soaps my Lavender and Oatmeal is another all natural bar of soap. Using lavender essential oil, lavender buds and oatmeal for gentle exfoliation, and vitamin E this one ranks as one of my personal favs too.

And finally my Lemongrass and Green Tea soap is another that I still make, and still enjoy. It starts with strongly brewed green tea, a blend of oils, lemongrass and eucalyptus essential oils and tea leaves. Now made with spirulina (a natural colorant) so that it also remains all natural. :)


No comments:

Post a Comment