Tuesday, July 12, 2011

Making zucchini bread

Two of the things that I really enjoy doing are gardening and cooking, and anytime I can combine the two by cooking something fresh from the garden I'm especially happy. I love zucchini because you can fix it so many ways, and it's so easy to grow. Here's how I use it to make a wonderful, spiced bread.

First I like to gather all my ingredients to be sure I've got everything. I use:

_3 eggs______________________________________
_1 c oil_______________________________________
_1 c sugar____________________________________
_1 c brown sugar_______________________________
_2 tsp vanilla___________________________________
_3 c grated zucchini______________________________
_3 c flour______________________________________
_3 tsp cinnamon_________________________________
_2 tsp nutmeg___________________________________
_1 tsp soda_____________________________________
_1/4 tsp baking powder___________________________
_1 tsp salt______________________________________
_1 c nuts_(optional)______________________________
_1/2 c raisins_(optional)___________________________
_1/2 c chopped dates_(optional)________ ____________
Next I grease and flour my pans, and preheat my oven to 325. Then start by beating the three eggs till sort of fluffy. Then I'll add my sugar, oil and vanilla and continue to beat.
I place all my dry ingredients in a sifter, and add about half of dry ingredients to mix.
Then half the zucchini, alternating and mixing after each addition.
And finally I add the nuts, dates and raisins and stir.
Then pour into pans . I've used mini loaf pans this time to cut down on baking time.
These will need to bake for about 40 minutes. Regular loaf pans would take 60-70 minutes.
Mmmm! They look and smell great!

No comments:

Post a Comment