Thursday, July 21, 2011

New appetizer recipe Mmmmm!

Probably already mentioned that I have 3 children, one son and two daughters. My oldest daughter shares my passion for crafting, and my youngest shares my passion for cooking. We make a pretty good team, and have lots of fun trying new recipes. She was the one who came across this recipe for "Jalapeno Chicken Fajita Bites". We tweaked the recipe a little, and this is what we came up with.

4 oz cream cheese, room temp
4 T grated Parmesan cheese
1/2 C shredded cheese (mozzarella/Cheddar blend)
1/2 C chicken (we used Sam's canned)
spices (fajita seasoning, cumin, old bay seasoning)
3 T real bacon bits
10 large jalapenos

Slice peppers in half lengthwise and remove seeds and membranes.
Turn oven to broil, place baking stone in oven to heat.
Drain chicken and add a pinch (to taste) of each of  the seasonings, toss, and set aside.
Mix cheeses well, blend in bacon and chicken. Fill pepper halves with mixture and place on hot baking stone. Place stone on bottom rack of oven and broil for 7-10 minutes, till golden brown.
These were soooooo good, and so easy to do. We'll definitely be making these again!

1 comment:

  1. Debra, those look so good, I think I will try this.....Thanks

    ReplyDelete